torsdag 15 september 2016

Mother and Child

I was born when my mother was 26 years old. I was in my early teens before doing the maths; it was 6 months before I was born. Well that placed in perspective all the morality lectures and the obsession with the possibility of my pending unplanned pregnancy.

As a child, everyone thought I looked exactly like her. Well, she was very dark-skinned and I light; she thirty-six and I ten; the resemblance was lost on me.

Now I reluctantly face the mirror each morning to the sad realization that they were right.
As the years go by, I realize that it is not only physical, but we both have weak knees, poor eye-sight and hypertension.

It is with great anxiety that I track her appearance and health since it seems it is to be my future.

So far, there has been no unplanned pregnancy and the likelihood of such would take place in history alongside the virgin-birth.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar